Blooms In Town

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I came across this newly landscaped curb outside Houz Depot at Kota Damansara, near my house.



It is a combination of yellow and pink Lantana and orange Ixora. Both are hardy plants!



It is nice to see that the city gardeners are into flowers and not just green or red-leaf shrubs. The colour of flowers really brightens up a town that is always so busy. A town with beautiful landscape makes the environment more pleasant and friendlier to live in. Don't you agree?

Both the plants above are really good plants to have in the garden too. I have a dwarf Ixora plant and the flowers are always blooming non-stop. You can tell from the pic below... while so many buds are getting ready to bloom, there are also many that has blossomed.


It is sun-loving and does not mind lots of water or rainfall at all.


As for Lantana, it has always been in my wish list but this can wait till I find a suitable one ;-)

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Ya.. I see the Ixora a lot :) They bring colour to the streets.. very nice! And when I was younger my friend told me that the Ixora flower had a nice taste and ate it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the light pink colour of your dwarf ixora. It sure looks productive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the pink ixora and the lantana with the pink/white colours. I thought I'd never plant lantana because they grow wild everywhere. But last year I got yellow ones from the southern city of Chennai. No lantana near our roadsides. But ixora? There's plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mixed color of ixora and lantana. It is Fall season at my place, the weather is perfect 60s during day time and 40s in the evening. Say goodbye to summer flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had collected an ixora but they have not bloomed yet.
    I had lantana before but they really need good sunlight to bloom but you need to watch out for the rain as they can damage the flowers.
    Good luck on your lantana hunt. Im sure you will find a suitable one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right, flowers brighten up a city. There are lantanas and ixoras planted in the traffic islands in my city too. Your miniature ixora is really pretty. I have not had success with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo Stephanie
    Schau doch auf mein Blog, da gibt es den Kreativ-Blogger-Award für Dich!

      liebe Grüße Dörte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steph,
    I have awarded you the Scrap Blog award on my blog. I would love to have you participate, because I enjoy your blog very much. It would be great to learn more about you. If you don't want to, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stephanie, Lantanas and Ixoras seem to be in flower most of the year. I think they are a good choice to brighten up public places.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Steph... it's quite a sight with flowering plants alongside the road.... And there will always be a lorry with small water tank moving slowly and spray water to these thirsty plants especially on hot days..... ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Steph. I agree that flowers make a city or town so much more vibrant. Lantana is very popular here. It grows very well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely curb. Beautiful flowers and greens are great deco of our cities :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love lantana, also. I had a yellow and orange variety in my garden over the summer. The nice thing is that the fragrance is so wonderful, too. Let us know when you find one you like. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...and these flowers also attract lots of butterflies! Butterflies in the garden look so delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *