Garden Sowed with Love

Friday, December 06, 2013

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee -- Muhammad Ali

This very inspiring quote simply let us know how the great boxer wins. That is so true for that particular sport. But in gardening, best thing to do is to grow all things with love :-)





















There is so much to learn in gardening. I thought I was growing my plants  really well but when I step into a beautiful yard I feel really humbled. There are so much to see and grasp from those great gardens (and the gardeners!) that I have been to. 


















Recently, I was really fascinated by the garden of the Selangor and Federal Territory Gardening Society's honourable patron, Tan Sri Dr Chong Hon Nyan and his wife, Puan Sri Chong Eu Ngoh. 





















The garden is more than three decades old. All plants are not only thriving well but flowering happily as well. Read more of the garden and the gardening society in this article for NST that I wrote after the visit :-)



I had the privilege of walking into the garden as I am a new member of the society and happened to be there attending the yearly plants and seeds exchange event organised by the society and hosted by the patron and his wife.





I went home with a couple of little young plants. I was so pleased! I love growing young plants as I like to watch them grow. Plus they are labelled with their ID.





















Besides the plant exchange, the society was also selling their Volume 1 of their Gardening in Malaysia book. 




















The society's motto is "All Things Grow With Love". Like it? Join the society or to get their gardening book, go to their website.





Happy gardening!

FYI new members of the society get to buy the bag below at a special price ;-)





















PS: All pics of the garden are taken from the same garden on the same day!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. What a beautiful garden Steph - it was obviously such a pleasure to visit. How I wish I was able to join such a society but my working hours don't allow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, yours is a beauty too! Wish to visit yours one day :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful gardens! I love a lot of colors in the garden. Now my garden is buried in snow. I like to watch other gardens.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup Ela :-) You know what, I like watching gardens covered in snow like yours from here haha... feels so Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Three decades old garden... that's really something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That includes loads of gardening experience! But Bangchik, Kakdah, you guys are great gardeners as well :-)

      Delete
  4. A lovely garden. You're so right, Steph, gardening keeps teaching us new things every day, and it is up to us to keep on learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other when I was talking to a new gardener, she reminded me about something that I already forgot... the use of perlite in a soil mix... it is old and new things everyday ;-)

      Delete
  5. This is really a awesome garden! I beat you had wonder moment there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did Malar! I think I will have the same kind of moment if I go to your garden as well! Every garden has its own unique character.

      Delete
  6. Wow!
    Everything looks so beautiful and lovely.
    Thanks for sharing this garden with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many wonderful plants growing in the garden. Oh I snapped so many photos :-D

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful garden, Steph! Must have been such a joy to walk around the area. So good to be able to buy plants that are labelled. Usually not the case here. I have to compare images on the net...can be frustrating! Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kanak, that's a smart thing to do (to double check on the name)! Fyi, the nurseries here rarely label the plants... sigh.

      Delete
  8. I can really feel love there.
    Yes the feeling of decades old garden is really totally different with a new garden especially instant garden all just bought lush from the nursery.
    Lots of love and good companionship between the plants too in old garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot on Malay-Kadazan girl! It is one lovely garden :-)

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *