Sweet :-)

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Gladness fills my heart as I watched some of plants in the garden in the morning. I am not usually an early riser but those times when I wake up earlier than usual, I normally go straight to the garden to check out the plants and snap some good photos. 

The Chinese Hatplant (Holmskioldia sanguinea) isn't that presentable recently as the liana lacks leaves though flowering. Birds love to sip nectar from the tubular structure that is at the centre of the saucer-shaped petal. 



Nerium oleander with double pink flowers always make the stem bend downwards due to its weight. Anyway, the shrub doesn't seem to be doing that well.




My Medinilla cumingii gave me the sweetest surprise. The bunch of tiny flowers blossomed wonderfully in spite of the constant mealybug attacks.



Another bunch is blooming right at the back of the one in the pic above. At one end of a stem, there is a bunch of developing buds. Quite a pretty sight to behold -- hard work pays off I must say:-)



These pretty flowers will however fade fast...


This Euphorbia hypericifolia (Diamond Fizz cultivar, I think) cultivar sends out gorgeous leaves this time round. The leaves have grown so close to each in an appealing shade of green :-D



Also, two little blooms have emerged from my Kalanchoe blossfeldiana. The sight is lovely as  the tiny blooms glow brightly when the sunlight is shining on the plant in the afternoon.



I sowed some edible amaranth seeds into this pot last month. Didn't expect any to sprout as after sowing it just kept pouring cats and dogs. 



Impatiens regrowing... will it rebloom? 



Oh, look here... the smallest Nepenthes sp. Notice the little pitchers? In the same pot are Butterworts and Venus Fly Trap.



Here is a close-up view... infront of the Nepenthes are Buxus harlandii and Pilea involucrata...



Have a wonderful day!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Esta primeira flor ainda não conhecia , interessante e bela,
    tanto quanto as outras.
    bjs

    http://eueminhasplantinhas.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chinese Hat Plant when in its full glory... http://stephgreenspace.blogspot.com/2014/02/lively-garden.html

      Delete
  2. Your plants are doing great! A beautiful and lovely sight to usher in the new year of the Ram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I have more greens like you... so that can eat them also hehe...

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful blooms! It look like blooming for CNY !;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Malar! I am waiting for the new panicle of flowers from medinilla to bear some more blooms ;-)

      Delete
  4. Your medinilla makes me so jealous! Mine looks so poor. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Endah, hosing down the plant helps it to grow more vibrantly.

      Delete
  5. The Chinese Hat Plant - i remember I've saw it some time ago in my neighbours garden. The flower blooms from down to top. So beautiful. I ask her what plant is it...and she said..pokok duit (?)..maybe the petal look like a coins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the petals look like coins! Guess it is the same plant :-D

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *