Last Christmas

Thursday, January 21, 2016

The weather right before Christmas had been really wet. The rain came around evening time and poured crazily. Hence, the plants in the porch fared better than those in the open. 



Snails also came to the porch! I even found one on the wall. Good thing it wasn't that big... just a small one. I quickly grabbed and threw it into the drain. I am actually afraid of touching the huge ones. They look monsterous to me, yucks!



Look at this little monster -- It chomped up my Sabah Snake Grass!



Snapped the pic below early one morning. The leaves of these little shrubs were shinny and stiff. Happy little plants :-)



Baked a fruit cake for Christmas. It's a really expensive cake to make, hence only able to do this once a year. Anyway, I shared them all (limited pieces though!) with my friends :-)


Hope you have had a joyous countdown with your family and friends!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. The weather now is so hot! Snails are my enemy too! hahaha...
    The cake look so cute in red wrapper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malar, the other day I picked up 9 pesky snails. They had a big feast earlier! A few of my plants are almost leafless now.

      Delete
  2. Hello Stephanie,

    Snails are harmful to plants and health. The other day, I saw a report that they may accumulate water in their shells, making dengue fly proliferation.
    A fruit cake should be delicious.
    The plants are beautiful and lush.

    I wish you a lovely 2016!

    Kiss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vera,

      Great to hear from you :-) The shell of snail can accumulate water? Dengue mossy is on the prowl these days. I will watch out for those shells. Thank you. You have a lovely 2016!!

      Warm regards.

      Delete
  3. Wish you had shared the cakes's pic -:)) I guess it was great. The packages are looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wished I could, Vasudha! I make a point to make this cake every Christmas to share with my friends.

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *