Cool Week

Monday, October 22, 2018

When you look at the bloom below, what comes to mind? A torch? A flaming torch to be exact! This bromeliad aptly named is slow to flower and when it flowers, the bloom ages fast.

The cooling weather due to overcast sky and non-stop rainfalls did not really slow down the ageing process of the bloom a lot. 



This little rose sent out small little roses and I am amazed by the number - so many roses on one branch. How sweet, look at picture below. Earlier, I have propagated another pot. Settled it the opposite side of my garden. It is now flowering as well. 



Oh, I can't stop admiring my Busy Lizzy. Both the flowers and leaves grew more and more by the day. I really like how the deep pink flowers look so extra-ordinary against the medium green leaves.



Took in the Parlour Palm inside to convert stale air to good. Suits my decor well, yes 



Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I like bromeliad flower. Right now, I only have a bromelia in our garden, with white striped leave and purplish flower..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bloom really looks like a flaming torch! How interesting!
    Wow! You are so rich with flowers. So many beautiful roses and busy lizzy's flowers!
    That parlour palm looks really great with your interior setting! Love it much!
    Thanks and same to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jade, glad you noticed the parlour palm there. The palm has been by my side while I write for awhile already. I would gaze at the short fronds whenever my eyes are tired.

      Delete
  3. Lovely bromeliad flower.
    I noticed that my wassup group also talk about this plants. So far I never have one at home. Maybe later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This bromeliad is easy to care for but the bloom last for a short while only due to our hot weather. One plus point is that its bright green leaves stay green and bright whole year round.

      Delete
  4. I like your indoor plant arrangement. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *