A Heady Bloom. Yay!

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Some plants flower more often than others. My variegated gardenia unfortunately rarely bloom. Every time when I spotted a new growth at the end of its stem, I would think that it's a new bud forming. Unfortunately that was not the case.

At last the current cooler weather made it possible for my variegated gardenia to send out a bloom - and a huge one :D



The size of the bloom itself was a surprise as it was much smaller on the first morning when it opened. It looked so pretty and I was glad I managed to take a sniff of its sweet scent first before leaving the house.



Earlier, its bud took days to form.



Another plant that really pleases me is my rosemary. The new leaves look really wonderful. It was quite leggy earlier before I gave it prune.



One afternoon I heard the sound of a pot falling to the ground in the garden. It was my cactus plants. I found it and its broken pot on the floor. After I have swept away the debris, I picked up the cactus and repotted it into a heavier pot.



Crossing my fingers now for this pot to be able to carry the weight of this cactus as it grows larger.



Meanwhile while checking on my herbs, I was comforted by the fact that the wet weather that has persisted for a month didn't seem to bother them.

My sage is still growing strong, yay!



So is my catnip.



The leaves look really brilliant under the sun.



Dwarf azalea look gay when in bloom :D



Rain or shine, Wingpod Purslane can never die here and the whole plant is edible. How amazing. 


  • Have a . ҉*・🅜🅔🅡🅡🅨 🅒🅗🅡🅘🅢🅣🅜🅐🅢  ҉*

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Beautiful blooms...somehow my Gardenia buds drop consistently one after another..we are into winters with temperatures not crossing 65 f'.Azalea blooms are striking beautiful,Do they grow as perennial at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, Arun Goyal. Azalea grows as perennial here. Hope your gardenia will bloom again soon and no more bud drop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardenia flower is beautiful looks like a white rose. How nice if the plant flower more often.
    Your cactus looks top heavy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing out MEINTHESWIM. That was the heaviest pot I have, but now looks like I have to get another one is more suitable.

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *