Happy New Year

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

This new year, I saw a flower in my garden that I thought has never bloomed before. I was wrong. It was an orchid that has been blooming and blooming.

Actually the petals can be pale when the flowers first opened...



The colour however turned deeper. See the difference between the pic above and the one below.



Kaempferia pulchra's wonderful pattern show up better of late.



Glowvine has rebloomed but the petals have flipped back.



Though the roses below were really mini in size, they come aplenty.



These white trailing roses look the prettiest in the morning.



I'm so glad that this plant has never given up on flowering even when I'm growing it in a rather small pot...



My China doll plant is growing taller and it's sending out more leaves in spite of it being planted inside.



Have a happy new year and may you have many blessings in the year to come!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow ! Beautiful blooms,that is on pretty orchid,they don't survive in our summers ,never heard of China doll plant is it a flowering plant.I always end up killing my Kaempferia bulbs ,That rose looks like Summer snow variety,is it? ..Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing out the name of the rose variety, Arun Goyal. The nursery here hardly tag their plants, so although it looks like the variety, I cannot certainly say that it is in fact the plant. China doll (botanical name: Radermachera sinica) is a flowering plant. Btw, that Kaempferia likes bright shady places.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you.
    Beautiful flowers. Yes the orchid in the second picture is deeper In color and the petals curl more.
    I see your kaempferia leaves turning brown in the centre just like mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meintheswim, this kaempferia of mine actually does not readily turn into the brown pattern. Once the weather is hotter, the leaves stay green all the time. I have seen other kaempferia with nicer pattern and turn to brown as they grow but not this one, sigh.

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *