Bad Weather Flowers

Friday, January 16, 2015

Something exciting happened in the garden due to the bad weather. Yes I mean it! I even see hibiscus flowering. Well, there is certainly some sunlight after all... sunlight from my hibiscus, hehe...


I am surprised by my Senecio confusus 'Sao Paulo' -- their blooms popped up all over the place. The vines love to stretch out far and flower freely. The flowers are like little torches in the evenings especially when the sun is behind the clouds :-D



Calla lily? I hope so! Anyway, let's see how it goes as the sprout doesn't seem to grow bigger...


Here comes two stalks of Eucrosia bicolor (commonly known as Peruvian Lily)! The bulbs have been sending out leaves and leaves and leaves... and now flowers!! Yippie!!!


Are these old buds from my Christmas Kalanchoe? Well, I am not sure. Perhaps the cool weather we had a few weeks ago initiated the formation of these buds... 


A small Torenia emerging from the pot of Selaginella. Cute little bloom... I like!


Other cute blooms that I have spotted recently are the Kaempferia and Cryptanthus blooms.


Also the Fittonia bloom... Fittonia does indeed flower!! I saw a tiny one popping up from this green bracts. I didn't have a camera at hand then. It must have dropped already :-( Anyway, it was hiding behind, so kind of hard to snap a pic even if I have a camera at hand.


My Medinilla is finally sending out a few bunch of blooms again. They are however infested by mealybugs... yikes!


Unlike the Anthuriums, they just bloom non-stop without any disturbance (from pest!). Love them to bits!


Meanwhile, my Tillandsia bloom seems to have rotted :-( 


Hope your garden is not affected by the rain. Have a wonderful day!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Hi Steph!
    Your plants look good even in bad weather. Yes, your hibiscus bloom perfectly, so beautiful with a bright color. Wish you all the best and have a great starting of this new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Normala!
      I am glad that they (those that bloomed) were not affected by the perpetual rain/cloudy sky. Cheers to the new year!

      Delete
  2. Hi Stephanie,
    Your plants seems to be doing really well. Good for you!
    Yeah, the rainy season is not good for most of my plants, especially the veggies, got to tent them when there's a heavy downpour. And now, the hot, dry weather seems to be coming back! Got to tent my veggies (again!) from the hot scorching sun, as they leaves are all drooping by early afternoon! My hubby says, the plants are like my babies! Haha!
    Hope this year will be the best yet for your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce,
      Thank you for your new year wishes! Yup it is almost impossible for little sprouts to grow properly these days. I think I have to just give up the pot of kai lan that is growing in the garden now. Got to wait for better weather sow again :-( Nevertheless, happy gardening and cooking lots of great stuffs for your family. Have a very happy new year!

      Delete
  3. Now it's sunny most of the day! I'm a bit relaxed but hope the hot weather will be mixed with some rain ;) ...... the heavy downpour really made big damage....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know, Malar. The rain spoilt my plants that are outside. The current hot sunny afternoons will change to rain in the evening at my place. So well, I have really sunny garden in the late mornings and afternoons. Then rain in the evenings. But some of the foliage plants in the porch got scorched by the super hot sun :-(

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *