Heavenly Fragrance

Monday, September 12, 2016

The flower which releases the strongest fragrance in my garden is the Chalice Vine blooms. The bloom is not only big in size but big in smell! 

Ants love this bloom as well. They must have followed their nose to the flower. Took the pic bellow one morning after a heavy rain.



These Grand Duke of Tuscany Jasmine buds (and an opened bloom) are wonderful additions to the garden. Every stem is producing a bud or two. This bloom is the first to open...



Can you spot how many buds are there on the small shrub?



Here my Glow Vine or Purple Funnel Vine...



Grown from a cutting, the fast growing vine is fast to flower also.



The Butterfly Leaf plant is growing in all directions, outshining the surrounding plants. But of course, the Caricature Plant with its pinkish white blotches in the centre of the leaves is still quite prominent. 



Here is another view of the Butterfly Leaf plant...



I transplanted my pot of gingers to another pot this week, clearing more space to grow other plants. The short ginger you see in the pic below is a red ginger which is a true ginger (Zingiber offinale) but  this variety, var. rubrum is dwarf in size and the rhizomes are red.



My little moss ball has a weed in the centre. Wonder how did it get there? 



The pitchers below are really small. It is one of those very small species of nepenthes.



Okra is progress :)



Desert roses flowering gladly in the sun :)



Have a great week!
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Yup.. i suppose ant has nose that can smell :)....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Otherwise it will be hard for them to find food ;)

      Delete
  2. So strong smell i guess! Its really funny to find the weed at the middle of moss! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That weed looks like a type of grass and I hope it will stay small, Malar.

      Delete
  3. The weather is so very hot lately! It is great that your plants seems to grow well. Some of my veggie plants have wilted due to the high heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nights were warm too! I was away last weekend. All my little seedlings were scorched so I have to re-sow now, sigh :(

      Delete
  4. Mmm I can almost smell the fragrance from my armchair!
    I love my journeys around your exotic garden, Stephanie! We try for that feel in our garden in the uk, using a mix of hardy and tender plants, but it can never compare to the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I am impressed by your imagination LOL. I must agree with exotic plants. Likewise if I would to grow plants that prefer cooler temperatures, it would be really hard.

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *