Come Rain or Shine

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Earlier, the nights were quite hot but recently it is completely the opposite. The rainy nights have brought down the temperature quite a bit. While we are enjoying the cooler weather, I can see that the plants in the garden seem to be also thriving happily.

Below is a pot of begonia called 'Martin's Mystery' which I had replanted with a couple of divisions a few months ago. The new leaves of these young plants are thicker than before and perkier too.



Out in the open, my Azalea that is ever blooming. Although its flowers lasted longer, still its petals are easily scorched by the hot afternoon sun.


The Impatiens walleriana plants in this planter in the pic below bounced back quite nicely after a cut back. Their bushier and more compact growth are really a beauty to behold. Now I am so looking forward to seeing more blooms from them :)


Right in the middle of the pic below is an orange I. walleriana bloom. Spot it...


How is your garden doing?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Hi Steph.
    Hope you are in the best of health.
    I'm stop gardening since May until now during to wet season. So many flies n insect growing rapidly in my kebun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Normala,
      I am well, thank you. But, the new norms that are restrictive in many ways is not easy to get use to. I don't have much problem with insects but some flies just like to hang around at one corner. I just let them be.
      Btw, glad to hear from you :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful begonia. Actually, I'm really sad with my Begonia collections. Most of them got rotten and then died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... many of my begonias that have disappeared from my garden, I think they rotted too ;D

      Delete
  3. I loved your begonia variety we are receiving below normal rains in this monsoon season .My garden is going through a renovation so I am missing many flowering plants this monsoon .Your azalea is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arun Goyal. The azalea is quite a reliable bloomer. All I have to do is just keep feeding it like any flowering plants.

      Delete
  4. Hi Stephanie I am starting a new link up party pertaining to garden activities and happenings in the garden .I would be glad if you participate in the link up party and share anything about your garden.
    Here is the link http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/08/garden-affair-roses-are-back-in-bloom.html
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *