Covid Blues No More

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Here are a few updates from my small garden and indoor plants - in a city in tropical Malaysia. Although we garden whole year round, sometimes the scorching hot sun and the prolonged rain will pose problems. Growing plants in containers allows us to move them around to thrive better. That was I did to my rex begonia vine. I moved the plant from growing it out in the open under a shrub to under the porch.



This vine (not a begonia though the common name has the word begonia) can actually take a lot of sun out in the open but it fairs better when there is shade in the afternoon. And when you let the vine stretch its stems as long as they can, the plant will thrive even better. 




Recently, mine is flowering. See this video.

Earlier I grew some microgreens. The packet came with the name clover. They turned out to be really tiny. So I planted the seeds into two little pots to tend them as ornamental plants instead. I settled them at the window of my kitchen. Have you grown a clover like this before?


The little clover plants seem to be growing really slow. 


On another note, I am loving my portulaca plant these days. When the weather is good, the plant never fails to reward me with its little bright blooms...


Keep growing, keep smiling ;)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Can't help smiling to myself thinking about moving pots and containers. Keep moving them until the plant 'agreed' :))
    The clover plant is really tiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's how I ended up getting plastic pots instead now. They are light and easy to move them around.

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *