Sprouting Chia

Monday, August 23, 2021

We eat chias to keep ourselves healthy. Because they are seeds, they can also be grown into sprouts or microgreens. Recently I started growing some and here is the result...




First, I placed some chias onto some gravels and soil and left the pot near the window of my kitchen. The spot is sunny in the morning. I water the chias regularly to keep them moist all the time.


As the chias sprout out roots and shoots, I protected them with a transparent cover.


The sprouts grew fast and within a couple of days, they shot up more than a centimetre tall.


After I harvested the sprouts, a second batch emerged... 


In the garden, I have also sprinkled some chias into a small pot of soil and they sprouted quickly too.


Now, I have some chia plants growing in my garden and ready for transplanting to a sunny spot.


Happy growing chias!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your blog is very informative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just went to your site and came back. Read about your ideas on fencing up a garden. Thank you, Hans!

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *