Pots Too Many

Monday, December 07, 2015

After I swept the floor of my porch and snapped the pic below, I was glad to see this section of my garden looked quite neat and tidy. Too many pots in one place? No problem ;-)



It is interesting to note that the Maranta leuconeura var. erythroneura blooms frequently. The foliage however didn't seem to grow that fast though.



My red Gloxinia is still in bloom and the pic below shows a second flower opened. Lovely sight to behold indeed!



This newly blossomed flower of my Hibiscus syriacus is hidden by the shrub's own foliage. Good thing the flower is huge enough to be noticeable. 




When it flared up wide and big on the first day, I manage to snap a pic from the side. When looked closer I found many ants in the centre. They were probably attracted to the sweet pollen.



Here is one pic from afar... 



The big bloom of the Hibiscus syriacus is really striking. Each time the flower shows up, even one, it makes me glad. I also like the Mexicanum Stonecrop I planted below the shrub, onto the soil of the pot. The bright green colour of the stonecrop made it look really outstanding :-)



The pic below was taken on the first day the flower opened. 



Strangely a fly-like insect (not a bee) came for the sweet nectar of the basil flower...



Here is shot of the double flowering Gloxinia from behind. Pretty? 



You have a beautiful day :-)

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. The pots are arranged so systematically! tidy enough! I guess you must be tending them so well that they give you so much flowers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the pots were there for years already and thank goodness that most the plants are quite resilient :-)

      Delete
  2. Steph..your gloxinia is always beauty, no matter from what side we see..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the loveliest plant that I have grown so far! But when it is not flowering, hmmm... a lot of patience is needed :-)

      Delete
  3. I love all the pink flowers. I find flies and other insects are pollinators as much as bees. Your book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue Catmint. You've just made me happy :-D

      Delete
  4. I like gloxinia too.. and the stunning Hibiscus syriacus

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have a very tidy garden and your pot plants always look neat and beautiful. Yes, the gloxinia is tops! at the moment I am cleaning some of my hanging pots because some annoying weeds have made themselves comfortable in the soil. for sure there is never a pause, plants keep us busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, let's get outside and get active! These days, I hunt for snails which have invaded my garden during the earlier wet weather.

      Delete
  6. your plants look so healthy...can you please share the secret of your potting mix and the kind of fertilizer you use if any...thank you in advance...and keep posting...your blog is a total inspiration for me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. For normal plants I mix equal parts of black soil, burnt soil/clay and compost. I add another part of peat moss for acid-loving plants. Currently I am using this fertiliser as it has both nutrients and microbes http://serbajadi.com.my/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=65_84

    Hope this helps. Have a wonderful New Gardening Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the recipe...can u also please the potting mix for azeleas. I have killed 3 plants of mine.

      Delete
    2. Don't mention it. For azalea, mix equal parts of black soil, burnt soil/clay, compost and peat moss.

      Delete
  8. Neatly arranged as always! such pretty colours. Congratulation on your gardening book. I am sure it won't be your last, you might have to get used to see yourself on the cover. Many with small places to garden will take gladly advantage of your knowledge and experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that’s very kind of you, Titania! If you are my neighbour I would have spent hours with you. Love to pick up more gardening tips from you :)

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *