Indoor Green Project

Tuesday, March 03, 2009


Last Sunday, Stanley, Kelvin and I went to Sg Buloh to look for office/indoor plants. It was quite hot when we were there. Fortunately there were passing clouds that gave us some shade intermittently.


Stanley wanted to plant African Violet in small terrarium to keep the plant from pest attack and over watering, hence making African Violet easier to maintain.



I was looking for an indoor plant with heart-shaped leaves but could not find it. Also, I was just describing the look of the plant, hoping that the nursery owner will know.



I first saw this plant in Ikea with Debbie and Oli. We saw a heart-shaped leave in a small pot there. Oli even recommended me to get it for Kelvin for Valentine's. At that time, I thought that it was a fake plant and reasoned that a plant just cannot have only one leave like that, hence did not buy it.

Later, I found out that it is actually a type of succulent plant and it could eventually grow many leaves.
The name of the plant is Hoya Kerrii (Sweetheart Hoya). The Japanese name is Midori-san (Ms Green). It's quite an interesting plant: World's first blogging house plant!



Aside from the ice-cream treat from Stanley, we came back empty handed. However, it was a quite a trip for me as I managed to see what are the different types of indoor plants available there. Snapped a number of pictures...





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *