Happy Findings

Friday, April 03, 2020

After a heavy torrential downpour, the cuttings which I have rooted for a few days did not collapse. I thought the sage cuttings will but they didn't. Hopefully they will continue to thrive even under the hot blazing sun.



On one rack out in the open, I have a few agaves that have been growing in their respective pots for ages now. Growing slowly but surely, their size increased little by little.

Next to them which is the potted plant, right in front in the pic below, is another slow grower, a mini rose.



The foliage of my peacock plant can look really amazing with the late afternoon sunlight peeping through them like this...



Anyone planted ferns together with calatheas (the shrubs at the rear of the pic below) before? I think both plants do well together and the fern actually makes the potted calatheas look better. 



Stay home, stay safe :D

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I get that when plants are so ever slow growing and expect them to fill up in few months but they just stay put without any new growth. I for one have so few spare space and every inch is a valuable real estate when it comes to gardening.

    And I really understand very well what you mean when slow growing plants that take ages to grow.

    Stay Safe another few weeks to go. Happy Gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James, the slower they grow the longer they live LOL. Btw, I am so looking forward to moving around 'freely' again and wonder how are the 'new norms' going to be like.

      Delete
  2. I think it can turn out nice to have two different type of plants in one pot like you have.I have a hibiscus plant which is tall and lanky in a big flower pot,around the base of the hibiscus I plant dwarf anthurium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I must try. Thanks for sharing. Currently I have sedum covering the soil of my potted hibiscus.

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *