Flowering Rain or Shine

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

One flower that has never fail to flower during wet or hot weather is the Japanese roses. On one hot morning, I found them flowering happily. I was delighted to see how deep some flowers can be.

This pot of Japanese roses in the pic below are newly planted. They were planted using stems that I pruned off right after I have completed my painting works a few weeks ago. Btw, do you know that if you were to use stems that have buds on it, they can still blossom the next day even after cutting off from the mother plant?



These days my rosy pink lilies send out flowers quite regularly. The bulbs were hibernating for a long time before that. 



The flower buds in the pic above opened the next day...



Have you grown Impatiens walleriana before? The plant is a delight to have. Just like the Japanese rose, I. walleriana flowers very frequently as well.



The other plant that flowers regularly these days is my sandpaper vine. Look, another bunch of blooms...



Happy gardening especially during the current lockdown ;)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. The Japanese roses, how nice if the flowers are more lasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not gardening durimg puasa time. Just watering if not raining. My kebun full of grass and look bushy. So many rama2 flying around. Meaning catetpillars will do their good job soonest or later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A butterfly friendly garden! Have fun watching colourful butterflies fluttering around :D

      Delete

Press

Paperblog

All Gardening Sites

BLOG SEARCH ENGINE

DIRECTORY OF GARDENING BLOGS

GDPR Policy

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *